Monday, January 25, 2010

A Phone Call

We don't say, "good job" enough in this world. I know that I am supposed to affirm my students when they succeed and I do at times, but I rarely think about how great it feels. It feels great when we hear these words. As children we want to hear these words from our parents, and as adults it is nice to hear.

Last Saturday, a fellow teacher called me. Not to reveal his identity, I will call him Mr. Slice. We have a long standing golf competition. He rarely wins. So Mr. Slice was a teacher in Cincinnati before moving to Michigan due to a promotion taken by his wife. We taught together at Glen Este for a year, and I always thought he was an outstanding teacher.

I'll get to the point now. He came across my British Literature and Humor and Satire blogs. He was impressed with what the students were creating. We spent the next ten minutes discussing and brainstorming ideas. It was fantastic to hear someone say affirm the work I am doing with my students.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Slice is part of your personl learning network. Do you have his RSS feed? (Assuming he's blogging, of course.) What about Twitter? This is the perfect time to begin adding these folks to your pln.

    ReplyDelete